Custom New Tab URL
Simply set the URL you want new tabs to load and it'll load it. No fluff. Cloud sync enabled.
What is Custom New Tab URL?
Custom New Tab URL is an Edge add-on that offers a stripped-down, yet functional, solution for personalizing the URL that loads in each new tab. Users have two main options - choosing the URL for new tabs and enabling automatic cloud saving for that URL. It provides a no-fluff, direct approach towards customizing your browser experience. The add-on's transparency extends to its open-source nature, with the code readily available on GitHub.
Very similar to other "New Tab URL" redirect extensions but this one is stripped down to the bare essentials.
2 options are available:
- The URL you want the new tab to load
- Whether the URL should be saved in the cloud automatically
See source code here: https://github.com/zach-adams/simple-new-tab-url
Icon website customize by visual language from the Noun Project
User reviews summary
- It works as expected and is simple to use
- It provides an alternative to Microsoft's default new tab content
- It works well on the dark theme
- Microsoft has randomly turned it off
- It doesn't work with edge://favorites/
- Cannot be directed to a local HTML page
- Helps avoid Microsoft's default content on new tabs
- Very useful tool
- Issues with Microsoft disabling the extension
Custom New Tab URL is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Custom New Tab URL has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.