Dark mode for every website. Take care of your eyes, use dark theme for night and daily browsing.
Dark Reader is available to install from Edge Add-on Store and for download from this page. It has 1,596,791 weekly active users The latest version is 4.9.63, and it was published 2 months ago.
Total download count: 11
All available versions
You can find the current and older versions of Dark Reader here. You can download the archived versions or inspect their source codes.
As a free user, you can access up to 5 versions. Subscribe to the paid version of EdgeStats to access more available versions.
How to install Dark Reader from a CRX file
- Download the Dark Reader CRX file .
- NOTE: Sometimes the browser may block downloading / installing CRX file from outside the Edge Add-on Store. If so, you may need to download the ZIP file instead.
- In the URL bar, go to
- Enable Developer mode
- Drag and drop the downloaded Dark Reader CRX file into the Extensions page
- When prompted, click Add extension to install Dark Reader.
How to install Dark Reader from a ZIP file
- Download and unpack the Dark Reader ZIP file to a directory of your choice.
- In Edge browser, go to
- Enable Developer mode.
- Click on the Load Unpacked button.
- Select the directory of with the unpacked Dark Reader ZIP file from step 1. Dark Reader is now installed on your browser.
Here are some Edge add-ons that are similar to Dark Reader:
Dark Theme for Google™
User count: 18,388
A highly customizable dark theme for Google products (search, images, translate, and contacts)
Evernote Web Clipper
User count: 733,825
Use the Evernote extension to save things you see on the web into your Evernote account.
Dark Mode - Night Eye
User count: 98,605
Switch each website to dark mode / light mode as desired. Take care of your eyes with Night Eye.