ReadX Text To Speech
Text to speech Extension
What is ReadX Text To Speech?
ReadX Text To Speech is a fast and accurate Edge add-on that allows you to easily convert text into speech. It features fast loading, instant playback, customizable options, and displays estimated reading time and percent read. With ReadX, you can listen to text using Microsoft voices or the default system voice even when offline.
Text to speech app. Reads text using Microsoft voices, or default system voice when offline.
- Fast loading, no waiting 30 seconds for it to detect language or scan the page (uses the language and voice you select)
- Starts reading instantly from the second you hit play, no matter the page size.
- you can select words to start reading from that location, if [Spacebar to Play] or [Drag to read] is enabled
- Ability to replace any word so you are not stuck with default pronunciations or abbreviations.
- can be toggled on and off instantly, no need to refresh the page before use. (unless the extension was updated)
- displays estimated reading time and percent read in the title bar.
New Features of Version 1.0.2 (iframes not supported)
- Automation tab settings
- Spacebar to play from selected location
- Configurable to automatically click on [next page] when finished reading current one (requires refresh)
ReadX Text To Speech is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install ReadX Text To Speech if you trust the publisher.
ReadX Text To Speech is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.