Handy text tools a click away
What is Text Tools?
"Text Tools" is an Edge add-on designed to enhance text manipulation. It includes features such as upper/lower case conversion, word/character counting, ASCII rotation, line sorting and more. It also has URL and base64 encoding/decoding, JSON formatting and other useful features. It additionally provides unique manipulation techniques like pulling columns from HTML tables, adding line numbers, shuffling or splitting text and even formatting numbers according to your browser's locale.
Handy text tools including:
- Uppercase - converts all characters to upper case
- Lowercase - converts all characters to lower case
- Count characters - counts all characters in text
- Count words - counts words in text
- Count lines - counts new lines in text
- Rotate 13 - Moves each character with 13 positions forward in the ASCII table
- Sort lines alpha - Sorts text lines alphabetically
- Word frequency - How many times each word is used
- Character frequency - How many times each character is used
- Column from table - Allows you to get text column from HTML table. Copy and paste the table content in the text field and type the column number you want to extract then press Start
- Trim lines - removes whitespace from end of lines
- Replace text - replaces one string with another
- Format JSON - pretty format JSON string
Text Tools is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Text Tools has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.