Authenticator: 2FA Client
Authenticator generates two-factor authentication codes in your browser.
What is Authenticator: 2FA Client?
'Authenticator: 2FA Client' is a browser add-on for Microsoft Edge, designed to enhance online account security. It generates two-factor authentication (2FA) codes directly in your browser for added convenience and security. Additional features include QR code scanning for easy account addition, an available password for encrypting your secrets, and translations into multiple languages. This open-source add-on is a robust tool for managing 2FA, supporting different forms including TOTP, HOTP, Steam Guard, and Blizzard Authenticator.
Authenticator generates two-factor authentication (2FA) codes in your browser. Use it to add an extra layer of security to your online accounts.
Always keep a backup of your secrets in a safe location. Encrypting your secrets is strongly recommended, especially if you are logged into a Microsoft account.
- Add accounts by scanning QR codes
- Search your accounts by pressing "/"
- Translated into more than ten languages
- Encrypt your secrets with a password
- Open source
User reviews summary
- Works well with GitHub 2FA and other services
- Has backup and restore options with support for Google Drive and One Drive
- Password protection and AutoFill features
- Easy to set up and use
- Helps in simplifying the authentication process across multiple browsers
- Barcode not showing which causes functionality issues
- The user interface and instructions can be unclear or difficult for some users
- Some users experienced failures with the 2FA client, deeming it unreliable under any circumstance
- Exported backup not in JSON format, making it incompatible with other software
- Can be seen as too complicated, leading to customer frustration and potential loss of service over mandatory 2FA
- ilink网络加速器 - mentioned several times in context of an unrelated service but repeatedly brought up in reviews which may indicate spam
- Backup and restore functionality
- Ease of use and setup
- Problems and frustration with barcode not displaying or the add-on's failure
- Complexity and difficulty in understanding and using the app
Authenticator: 2FA Client is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Authenticator: 2FA Client has earned a good reputation and can be trusted.
Here are some Edge add-ons that are similar to Authenticator: 2FA Client: