A general-purpose Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer based on Mozilla's PDF.js library
What is PDF Reader?
'PDF Reader' is a versatile Edge add-on designed for improved PDF viewing experience. Using Mozilla's pdf.js library, it replaces your default PDF viewer and supports both local and remote PDF files. It offers a similar experience to opening PDF files in Firefox. To parse local PDF files, users can simply enable 'Access Local Files'. Among its features are support for light and dark themes, custom PDF viewer styling, displaying PDF signatures, and opening PDF files by drag-and-drop. The extension also provides numerous rendering options such as enabling print auto-rotate, using only CSS zoom, and more.
This extension uses Mozilla's pdf.js library to display PDF files in your browser. It will be used as a replacement for the default PDF viewer. This extension supports rendering remote and local PDF files on top frames. The extension provides the same experience as you open PDF files in the Firefox browser.
To allow the extension to parse local PDF files, you need to enable "Access Local Files" in the extension manager.
If you prefer the extension to parse PDF files in frame elements use the right-click context menu checkbox
- Supports light and dark theme
- Supports page navigation with "page" hash
- Supports custom styling the PDF viewer
- Supports displaying PDF signed and unsigned signatures
- Supports opening PDF files by dropping them into the view
Available Rendering Options: Disable Page Labels
User reviews summary
- Adds a hand tool to PDFs for easier navigation
- Solves rendering issues causing text distortion in Edge's default PDF reader
- Allows for quick text search in PDFs
- Offers added functionalities like different reading views and overview sidebar
- Does not always correctly call the extension for first-time opening of local PDFs when Edge is not running
- Does not offer options to highlight, cross-out, or add notes to PDF text
- Does not support traversing hyperlinks within open PDF files
- Solves Edge's default PDF reader issues
- Lacks certain features like text highlighting and hyperlink traversal
- Can quickly search text in PDFs
- Requires Edge to be running for proper functioning
- Enhances overall PDF navigation with hand tool and better scrolling
PDF Reader is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install PDF Reader if you trust the publisher.
PDF Reader has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.
Here are some Edge add-ons that are similar to PDF Reader: