Save Tabs - Browser Session Manager
A password-protected tab saver and session manager to store tabs in the current window, or all windows with tab grouping support
What is Save Tabs - Browser Session Manager?
Save Tabs - Browser Session Manager is a robust Edge extension designed for improved user experience. It not only saves tabs to prevent clutter and optimizes memory use, but also provides secure tab storage via password-protection. Leveraging built-in sync, this manage tool enables tabs storage in one machine and restoration in another. Additional features include preservation of active and pinned states, window dimensions, and incognito states of tabs. Please note that forgotten passwords cannot restore data, and sessions are erased upon restoration unless specifically retained.
This extension saves tabs for later to prevent cluttering of the tab area. You can request to store tabs and close them to free the memory usage of these tabs when they are not needed. This extension uses the built-in sync API to allow storing in a machine and restoring in another one. Also, it is possible to protect stored tabs with a password. The extension uses the built-in crypto method to encrypt your tab data with the SHA-256 encryption key before storing them in your browser storage to protect data. Stored tabs keep their active and pinned states.
- Save and store window dimensions
- Save and restore incognito states
- Save and restore tab's pinned state
- Save and restore tab groupings and their properties (color, name, and collapsed state)
- There is no way to restore tabs if they are password protected and the password is forgotten.
- By default, when a new session is restored, the session gets erased from the storage. You can use the Shift key while pressing a session to keep the session in storage.
- This extension uses synced storage to allow the user to store and restore from multiple computers.
- you can restore all session tabs in the current window by pressing the Ctrl (Command) key while restoring the session
- You can edit a session from the popup view or ask the extension to update a session from the currently open tabs. This feature makes it possible to use the extension as a browser session manager.
- This extension saves and restores tab groups and their properties.
Save Tabs - Browser Session Manager may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Save Tabs - Browser Session Manager has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.