Gmail™ Notifier (Developer Edition)
Multiple label and account notifier for Google Mail (Gmail), and more!
What is Gmail™ Notifier (Developer Edition)?
"Gmail™ Notifier (Developer Edition)" is an Edge add-on providing notifications of incoming emails from any user-defined queries in Google Mail. The add-on supports common email actions, desktop notifications, customized sound alerts while offering a secure viewing option with content-security policy. All of this without any requirements for user credentials.
Multiple label and account notifier for Google Mail (Gmail), and more! This is a rewrite of my "Notifier for Gmail" extension. The idea is to have a flexible email notifier to get notified on any user-requested query. Same as the original extension, this one does not need credentials to work. It relies on the logged-in accounts.
- Notifies of incoming emails from any user-defined query
- Supports all common actions: Mark as read, report spam, archive, delete right from the popup view
- Lists all emails that match the current query on the popup view
- Supports desktop notification and customized sound alerts
- Supports viewing emails with provided content-security policy to prevent the loading of any remote resources.
- Supports customization of the tooltip notification
This extension is compatible with Gmail API and hence with email delegation. It is possible to assign one or multiple accounts to use this interface to communicate with Gmail. Also, the extension optionally supports native messaging to be able to communicate with the "notmuch" email client. both of these features are still disabled for this release.
Notes: This is still an experimental extension. Please report bugs or request new features either on the FAQs page or the GitHub page.
Gmail™ Notifier (Developer Edition) may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Gmail™ Notifier (Developer Edition) has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.