Snip, save, organize and insert editable text from the context menu. Backup compatible with Clippings.
What is Snippets?
'Snippets' is an Edge extension that enables users to 'snip' text from browsed pages or create them manually. The snipped text is then saved in the Edge Sync storage for future use. It offers organization features for easy retrieval and usability of snippets. It comes with backup compatibility and multiple settings to customize the display of your snippets. Future updates include adding keyboard shortcuts, variable support, and better organization options.
Ever wanted to save some text for later use, or throw some info over from one of your computers to another? This extension 'snips' text from pages you visit (or you can create them manually) and saves them in your Edge Sync storage. Use the pop-out button for easier organization of your snippets!
This extension aims to become fully backup compatible with the Clippings extension for Firefox. The 0.9 release provides all basic features required to be a good snipper and preserves all restored data from any clippings backup. Additionally, more settings and control over your how your snippets are displayed have been added and the save engine rewritten to be more robust.
0.9.3 -> Add shortcut keys, more color and more sortation options.
1.0 -> Add variable support for things like current dates & times, locales, etc..
1.1 -> Support for multiple "spaces" to better organize snippets when doing different types of work.
0.9.2 -> Many under the hood updates to improve efficiency and fix issues with iframes
User reviews summary
- Easy importation of clippings
- The possibility to access the add-on via a specific URL even when it's not functioning properly
- Provides the specific functionalities users need
- Menu display issues since the last update (becomes too thin and unreadable)
- Extensions stop working after updates
- Sometimes erases previously added snippets
- List may appear empty or not paste snippets
- Display issue with the menu width
- Breakdown after updates
- Difficulty in accessing full functionality
Snippets is safe to use. It does not request any sensitive permissions.
Snippets is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.