An Ethereum Wallet in your Browser
What is MetaMask?
MetaMask is an edge add-on acting as an Ethereum wallet in your browser. It enables lightening speed exploration of blockchain applications and global transaction of tokens. With MetaMask, you can manage your identities via keys and wallets, review transactions before approval, and secure access to Web 3.0, Dapps, NFTs, tokens, and ICOs, amidst others. Trusted by over a million users, MetaMask stands as a gateway to Web3.
- webRequest See more
MetaMask is a Crypto Wallet and Your Gateway to Web3 Buy, store and send tokens globally Explore blockchain applications at lightening speed Choose what to share and what to keep private. Trusted by over 1 million users worldwide. [Below the Fold - ‘Read More’] MetaMask lets you create and manage your own identities (via private keys, local client wallet and hardware wallets like Trezor™). When a Dapp wants to perform a transaction and write to the blockchain, you get a secure interface to review that transaction before approving or rejecting it. Because it adds functionality to the normal browser context, MetaMask requires the permission to read and write to any webpage. You can always "view the source" of MetaMask the way you do any Chrome extension, or view the source code on Github: https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-plugin Enables access to: Web 3.0 Dapps NFTs erc20 tokens
User reviews summary
- Facilitates transfers between Polygon and Ethereum Networks
- Offers extensive integration with blockchain games
- Optimized mobile version ensures perfect synchronization
- Updates are outdated compared to other platforms
- Difficult to sign out of the wallet
- Public address changes if you re-install
- Doesn't work well with some sites and apps
- Outdated compared to Chrome version
- Difficulties in buying/selling crypto
- Issues in connecting to wallets and dapps
MetaMask is not very risky to use and it requires a lot of sensitive permissions. Avoid installing this add-on unless you absolutely trust this publisher.
MetaMask has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.