An open source userscript manager that supports a lot of browsers
What is Violentmonkey?
Violentmonkey is an advanced open source userscript manager specifically designed to work with browsers that support WebExtensions. With features like automatic updates based on metadata, execution of scripts in order, support for GM functions, as well as import/export capabilities to a zip file, it offers a comprehensive solution for script management. Additionally, it offers sync capabilities to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and WebDAV, ensuring your scripts are always backed up.
Violentmonkey provides userscripts support for browsers. It works on browsers with WebExtensions support. It supports most scripts for Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey. Features:
- Update automatically according to the meta data.
- Scripts will be executed in order as shown in the list.
- GM functions are supported.
- Support import from and export to a zip file.
- Sync to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and WebDAV!
User reviews summary
- Better than Tampermonkey and other user script managers
- Simple and convenient to use
- Functionalities work well, e.g., watching YouTube without lag
- Incompatibility issues with browser updates
- Some scripts become ineffective and require refreshing multiple times
- Occasional extension crashes and errors after updates
- Comparison to Tampermonkey
- Issues with browser updates leading to malfunction
- Ease of use and simplicity of the interface
Violentmonkey is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install Violentmonkey if you trust the publisher.
Violentmonkey is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.
Here are some Edge add-ons that are similar to Violentmonkey: