Hide My History - A Private History Engine
Keep your searches private by redirecting searches that may be tracked to Hide My History, a privacy-focused search engine.
What is Hide My History - A Private History Engine?
Hide My History - A Private History Engine is an Edge add-on that secures your search privacy by intercepting, locally encrypting, and redirecting search requests to our privacy-enhanced search engine. Your browsing history expires after 30 minutes of inactivity, we do not track your searches in a user-identifiable way or retain server logs, giving you optimum security.
- management See more
The Hide My History extension expires your searches from your local browser history and encrypts your search terms between your computer and hidemyhistory.co. Searches are intercepted, encrypted locally, and redirected to our privacy-enhanced search engine.
- Hide My History checks the URL of each website you visit (this data is not logged or stored anywhere)
- For your privacy, Hide My History intercepts the requests if it's on our list of sites
- Hide My History encrypts your search locally using industry standard AES-256 encryption
- Your locally encrypted search term is securely transmitted to our servers
- To provide you with the most relevant results possible, we then decrypt your search term and securely request results from our search & content partners
- We aggregate the most relevant results and securely display them to you
For added security, your local browsing history for any search we protect expires and cannot be viewed after 30 minutes of inactivity.
What makes Hide My History a good private search engine?
- Hide My History doesn't track your search history in any user identifiable way.
- Hide My History does not retain server logs.
- Hide My History helps prevent your ISP from tracking your search terms.
Hide My History - A Private History Engine is not very risky to use and it requires a lot of sensitive permissions. Avoid installing this add-on unless you absolutely trust this publisher.
Hide My History - A Private History Engine has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.