Brings work offline and online in the web page level to your browser
What is Work Offline?
'Work Offline' is an Edge add-on offering a convenient way to control your web access. It introduces a 'Work Offline' button in your browser and in the offline mode, no network requests are sent or received by web pages. This tool is highly useful for those wanting to stop any active web communication without affecting internet access of their other extensions. It even allows local HTML file browsing, blocks both HTTP and WebSocket traffics in offline mode, and accurately indicates online and offline statuses.
This extension brings the "Work Offline" button to your browser. When the extension is in the offline mode, no web request can be sent or received by web pages. Note that still, your extensions can use the internet. So let's say you have a web-based email client and an email notifier extension. The web-based one is disconnected, but the extension one is connected!
- You can enable and disable the offline mode right from the toolbar button. This is a toggle button.
- If you have open tabs, those tabs cannot send and receive network requests in the offline mode
- You can still browse local HTML files while you are in the offline mode, though these pages cannot anything to any web servers
- This extension dispatches "online" and "offline" events when the status changes and also sets "navigator.onLine" property accordingly.
- As of version 0.1.4, this extension blocks both HTTP and WebSocket traffics on the offline mode
Work Offline may not be safe to use and it requires some risky permissions. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing.
Work Offline has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.