User-Agent Switcher and Manager
Spoof websites trying to gather information about your web navigation to deliver distinct content you may not want
What is User-Agent Switcher and Manager?
User-Agent Switcher and Manager is an extension for the Edge browser that allows users to modify their 'user-agent' string to mislead websites about their browsing setup. It operates with a reliable two-factor method, and doesn't demand any resources when not in use. Users can set custom and per-site user-agent strings, randomize them and specify certain domains for spoofing. Compatibility covers a wide variety of operating systems and browsers, making it a versatile tool for maintaining online privacy and content control.
Usage example: You can alter your user-agent string to indicate you?re on a mobile device if you prefer seeing mobile versions of sites so they load quicker.
This extension allows you to spoof your browser "user-agent" string to a custom designation, making it impossible for websites to know specific details about your browsing arrangement.
- You can easily set custom "user-agent" strings from the toolbar popup
- The extension uses a two-factor technique to mimic your default "user-agent" string, which is the most reliable method
- The extension does not use any resources when it is not spoofing the user-agent
- The extension enables user-agent spoofing on specific domains only; it is conversely possible to exclude certain domains from spoofing. Check the Options page for more info.
- You can set per-site user-agent strings
- There is an option to randomize user-agent strings.
- It is possible to set user-agent string for a single window; you can have a separate user-agent string for each browser window
User reviews summary
- Highly customizable
- Easy to use
- Useful for viewing unsupported formats
- Bugs need to be fixed
- Can mislead users with the interface
- Reports of videos not playing in some instances
- Browsing in 8K resolution
- Using on Bilibili platform
- Switching to MacOS user agent
User-Agent Switcher and Manager is risky to use as it requires a number of sensitive permissions that can potentially harm your browser and steal your data. Exercise caution when installing this add-on. Review carefully before installing. We recommend that you only install User-Agent Switcher and Manager if you trust the publisher.
User-Agent Switcher and Manager is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.