Speedy Bookmarks Search
A fast google-liked search engine for bookmarks that supports searching operators and offline indexing
What is Speedy Bookmarks Search?
Speedy Bookmarks Search is an Edge add-on that uses the Xapian search engine to provide a fast and efficient search experience for bookmarks. It allows users to search their bookmarks using Google-like search operators and supports offline indexing. The extension automatically updates its indexing database when changes occur in the bookmark tree. Users can easily open search results in new browser tabs or background tabs using keyboard shortcuts.
This extension indexes all your bookmarks once and updates its indexing database when a change occurs in your bookmark tree (for instance, a new bookmark is added, removed, or modified). This database is used to find matching terms using the extension's popup window.
This extension uses the Xapian search engine. This engine is very powerful. It supports search operators like "OR" and "AND" which can be used to limit the search results with keywords. Read the FAQs page for more info.
- This extension sorts matching results based on their relevance. The number in the last row of the result section displays the matching percentage.
- The first time indexing may take up to several minutes depending on the total number of bookmark items you have
- To open a result in a new browser tab use Enter key. To open in a background tab, use Ctrl/Command + Enter key. To open the current tab use Shift + Enter keys.
- This extension only indexes the database once and does not re-index since it monitors bookmark changes.
- This extension uses a non-persistent background page to prevent any resource usage when it is not being used.
- Many search keywords can be used with searching operators to better limit results. Make sure to check them on the FAQs page.
- Use right-click context menu to reset the indexing database
- You can change the opening method (popup or standalone window) from the right-click context menu
Speedy Bookmarks Search is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
Speedy Bookmarks Search has earned a fairly good reputation and likely can be trusted.