Format your XML so that it is indented correctly for easier reading.
What is XML Formatter?
XML Formatter is an Edge add-on designed to help users format and indent their XML documents efficiently, increasing readability and reducing errors. This tool provides an interactive way to paste XML data, format it, and even save the result to an XML file. It also allows opening of local XML files. The XML Formatter checks whether your XML is well-formed and points out any errors, saving valuable time when handling complex XML data. It provides links to other tools from LinangData for further functionality. Every session with the tool is saved, ensuring users can pick up from where they left off. For anyone handling XML, this free and easy-to-use tool is a must-have!
This formatter lets you pretty print your XML. Just paste your XML and then click the Format button. You can also open a local XML file to format. The formatter checks that your XML is well-formed. If errors are found they are highlighted. Hover over the error icons to see a description of the error.
- select XML in a browser tab, right-click on the selected XML, and then choose "Format XML" from the menu. This will open a new tab and format the XML you selected.
- download the result to an XML file
- open local XML files for formatting
- the current state is saved for your next session.
- provides links to other tools from LinangData from the More tools menu
- It's free!
- 1.0.5 - update to manifest v3
XML Formatter is relatively safe to use as it requires very minimum permissions.
XML Formatter is probably trust-worthy. Prefer other publishers if available. Exercise caution when installing this add-on.